Chantix (Varenicline)

Chantix (Varenicline) blog
For some reason this blog does not display correctly with Internet Explorer, but it will with Firefox:
http://www.mozilla.com/en-US/firefox/

Saturday, August 04, 2007

Varenicline - Day 1

http://en.wikipedia.org/wiki/Varenicline
$120.99 for a 4-week course (not covered by Blue Cross/Blue Shield)
12 weeks total

Day 1

I took one .5mg pill after lunch, per the directions. Since it was after lunch, I also went and had a cigarette. It seemed normal.

I had another cigarette a little over an hour later though and that was different. I didn't get that sense of satisfaction on the first inhale. Or really for any of the cigarette. After I finished I kinda wanted another 'cause the first one didn't do anything - but at the same time I DIDN'T want another 'cause the first one didn't do anything. It was like that for the next couple cigarettes in the afternoon, and then it started going back to normal.

I imagine it will get to the point where they all seem pointless once I get further into the course. It's .5mg once a day for the first 3 or 4 days, then two .5mg doses, then two 1mg doses.

0 Comments:

Post a Comment

<< Home