Chantix (Varenicline)

Chantix (Varenicline) blog
For some reason this blog does not display correctly with Internet Explorer, but it will with Firefox:
http://www.mozilla.com/en-US/firefox/

Tuesday, August 07, 2007

Chantix - Day 4

Well today really went a lot like yesterday. I had the first pill late in the day (because I was sleeping - not because I drove out to my parents' before lunch) and the cigarettes in the afternoon were similar to yesterday's. And honestly now that I think about it I don't think there was quite as much satisfaction as normal with today's cigarettes or yesterday's. I think I'm just kinda getting used to the fact that there won't be as much as normal. Maybe the effects on the first two days were a little more pronounced since the feeling on that one day was different from the feeling I got with the thousands of cigarettes I smoked in all the time I was addicted.

I took pill number 2 about 2 hours ago and I'm getting ready to go to bed now, so we'll see what I end up dreaming about tonight. There was nothing weird last night. The dreams (that I remember) were more vivid and I did sleep until 3:00, but there wasn't really anything weird.

There were a couple times today when I got halfway through a cigarette and then looked at it and thought "am I not done with this yet?" So I guess that's a positive.

I know I said in my last post that I planned on quitting on Monday (the 13th). I have about 2½ packs left and I'm gonna try to slowly cut back and just finish them off. It may end up being next Monday or it may not, but it should be close.

And I just looked at the BC/BS website and they show Chantix as one of their preferred prescription drugs, which in my understanding means it should have been covered and I should not have had to pay the full $120.99. I'll call BC/BS about that tomorrow and see what the deal is.

0 Comments:

Post a Comment

<< Home