Chantix (Varenicline)

Chantix (Varenicline) blog
For some reason this blog does not display correctly with Internet Explorer, but it will with Firefox:
http://www.mozilla.com/en-US/firefox/

Sunday, August 12, 2007

Chantix - Day 9

Well I had a little trouble sleeping in the late morning today. I had a couple of vivid dreams, but I forgot what they were now. I should've posted that after I got up.

Today went well. I got up at noonish, had lunch just before 1:00 and the first cigarette at 1:00. I was going to try for 3 hours today. I changed the oil in my car and got out my table saw to cut some boards. It was about 3:45 then, so I went ahead and had cigarette #2 since I was at a good stopping point. I don't recall any real cravings between 1:00 and 3:45, probably because I was busy with other stuff. I started having some cravings around 6:00 but held off and they went away when I started cooking dinner. I had #3 after dinner at around 7:15.

Now all these days when I've been cutting back and spreading out the smoking schedule, there's been one constant. I've always had a cigarette in the car when I left to go to work, and I always timed it so I could have one in the car on the way home. Tonight I went out to a friend's house across town at around 8:45 - between cigarettes. I did get the craving pretty bad when I started driving but fortunately it went away after 5 minutes or so. I'll have to be mindful of that because I almost ALWAYS have one when I'm driving somewhere more than 15 minutes away. I did leave the friend's house to come home a little after 10:00 and had one in the car then. After I finished it occurred to me that I probably should have just smoked it at their house before I left to try to get used to not smoking in the car.

It's getting close to 1:00 now and I've been having cravings on and off for a little over an hour (I couldn't get the shelves in because of that issue with the studs - I'm gonna have to think of something else. Otherwise I would've been occupied with that and probably not had the cravings). I had a Blow Pop but that didn't really help. I was going to try to skip the 1:00am cigarette since it will be fairly close to bedtime, but I think I will go ahead and have it since I've got a few things yet to do before I hit the sack.

So after that I will have 7 left. 4 for tomorrow and 3 for Monday. I think tomorrow I will do 3 hours again and then not have one late at night, and Monday I'll have one after lunch, one at work, and then the last one after dinner.

1 Comments:

At 10:51 AM, Blogger Alexis said...

Very cool that you are getting so close to dropping them entirely. Keep up the good work!

 

Post a Comment

<< Home